Hi this is co- worker...today I have to talk about my ideas and theories about social media and also how I myself use the crap. Owner says I'm moody to which is damn right!! Someone stole my headphones, who the hell steals headphones!! Anyway onto the project!!
This is totally how I feel today!! But I have to do this today cuz its do tomorrow!!
1. How do you use social media in your own life? What purpose does it serve in your life?
I don't use social media that much. I don't how much use for them. So it doesn't serve much of a purpose unless I need get in touch with a family member or a friend. I really don't even see the point in me having one anymore. Even when I first got it it made no sense for me to have it, I don't feel the need to constantly be on and tell people what I'm up to.
2. What are the benefits of using social media?
There are many benefits of using social media which are getting in touch with family & friends, and meeting new people. Another benefit is that you can here an opinion or want to change something about the world; you can get people on your side and change the world all with a few clicks of the mouse.
3. On the other hand, how can using social media be harmful?
As there are as many benefits there are as many harmful things about social media.Some of the harmful thing are getting hacked, getting fired (because of something you posted), your personal info getting jacked, getting bullied. The worst case scenario is that you end up up kidnapped, dead, or plan to commit suicide. All harmful and all really do happen.
4. Thinking nationally and globally: How do people use social media to achieve social justice? To help others who suffering or are victims to oppression? To help others achieve equality?
I feel like its something that should be used because news travels 100 times faster then normally. Its really a great way to get people on your side and have everyone talking about your cause, so that something even a little something will change. This is a positive for the world of social media.
5. Make a decision and argument and explain the reasoning for your decision: Does social media do more harm than good for our society in the 21st century?
I may not have much need or opinion about social media, but I do think that yeah social media is a good thing to use to stay connected to people and to start a revolution. Reason why I think that is because everyone uses technology and its the best way to get news and everything out to the people.

No comments:
Post a Comment